A Power of Attorney is a legal document that lets you (the Donor) appoint people (known as Attorneys) to make decisions on your behalf. This can be for collecting a passport or signing documents for buying or selling property and anything in between. If you wish to give the Power of Attorney to someone who lives outside the UK then you will need the services of a Notary.

A document granting power of attorney to someone who lives abroad is generally drawn up in the proposed attorney's country of residence. However, your signature on the document must be notarised to ensure legality and transparency.


Peter H. Baker is able to offer full notary services for foreign powers of attorney within the UK. This ensures that you needn't take undue time out of your schedule by travelling abroad, no matter where your preferred attorney resides.

Attain powers of attorney with

 Peter H. Baker

If you've other documents that you think may require a notary public, but you're unsure as how to proceed, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Looking for professional notaries?

Get in touch with Peter on:

020 7607 7269

What are powers of attorney?

How does it work?

Do you have other documents that may need authenticating?


When using the services of

Peter H Baker please make sure to

bring ID (Driving Licence or Passport) and proof of address for verification.